A holiday means enjoyment. When booking your camping pitch or accommodation, you of course count on having a carefree holiday. That is usually what happens, yet sometimes things do not always go as planned.
Between the time of booking and your actual holiday, things can go against you. You or your travelling companion could become unexpectedly sick or your car could break down just before the tour. Not only does that spoil (part of) your holiday, you are also faced with high expenses. By getting good insurance in advance, you can save yourself a lot of trouble.
Via this website, you can take out cancellation insurance simply and easily. All you have to do is tick cancellation insurance on the offer form. If you are unable to go on holiday or you have to return home early due to one of the reasons stated in the conditions, you will be reimbursed (part of) your tour price. You can also take out continuous cancellation insurance with us. And if you’re travelling with friends, it’s a good idea to take out a joint policy. Please get in touch with us on +44 (0) 845-5082302.to organise a continous cancellation policy and/or a joint policy.
A number of important conditions
- The insurance is valid from the date of issuing the policy to the end date of the tour as stated on the policy;
- The cover starts after paying the premium and ends on the end date of the tour as stated on the policy;
- Compensation will be payable for cancellation expenses resulting from issues including:
- *death or serious illness of the insured party or first or second degree family member
- *complications during pregnancy of the insured party or partner
- *due to being allocated a rental accommodation, but only if within 30 days before starting the tour
- *involuntary unemployment of the insured party after a permanent employment contract
- *due to a divorce, whereby the divorce proceedings have been set in motion. A notarial co-habitation agreement is also valid for this insurance
- *due to an external emergency or break down of the private mode of transport you would have used to take the overseas holiday, within 30 days before the start of the trip.
- *a payment could also be issued for untaken holiday days if you are delayed and/or have to leave early due to one of the aforementioned points.
With the invoice and policy, you will receive detailed conditions of the cancellation insurance. ACSI Camping Tours work together with Europeesche Verzekeringen. With a tour price of € 1,000 for example, the cost of cancellation insurance is as follows:
|Insurance premium 5,5% x € 1,000.00||= € 55.00|
|Policy costs € 3.50||= € 3.50|
|Premium tax 21% x (€ 55.00+ € 3.50)||= € 12.29|
|Total||= € 70.79|
On the website, the amounts are calculated automatically when completing the booking form, providing you with a direct overview of the total amount.
If you have chosen the All-risk Cancellation insurance, you decide whether you cancel or terminate the holiday. If the reason for cancellation does not fall under the standard cover, we will reimburse 75% of the cancellation cost or termination fee.
You have no right to compensation if you want to cancel the holiday or end it prematurely because:
- You have lost interest in the holiday;
- Of poor weather conditions. For example too much rain or not enough sun;
- The travel organisation or airline is bankrupt;
- An emergency occurs, which is compensated under the Calamity Funds.
The premium for the All-risk Cancellation insurance is 7% of the tour price.
For more information, you can contact the reservation department of ACSI Camping Tours. The telephone number is +44 (0) 845-5082302.